Hi! I’m Vedika. I share things I like to bake and cook, usually inspired by recipes I’ve come across. My hope is to help you whip up an impressive (yet easy) dessert for your friends and loved ones. Cooking for me is therapeutic- it’s a way to improve my mood, procrastinate and relax. For as long as I can remember, I have loved being in the kitchen. When I was younger, I would pester mom to make animal shaped cookies like the ones our neighbours always used to give us. Fortunately, my mother hates cooking (but she’s a pretty good cook) – and my craving was that bad, I did it myself.
It was rough at first. I once baked cookies so hard, my sister’s braces broke. Then, I accidentally replaced the sugar with salt in a batch of peanut butter cookies. After many (many) fails, things finally began turning out good. So if the first few things you make don’t turn out right, it’s totally fine. Just follow the recipe the way I’ve written them, leave a comment and shoot me an email if you have any questions! I reply preeetty quickly.
I also love to write. This blog enables me to combine the two things I love together. Check out the Phenomenal Foodies tab to read and watch the interviews I’ve done interviews with some chefs, bloggers and Youtubers. Please leave me a comment- I absolutely love reading them, and I always reply!
Here are 20 facts about me.
- I started this blog when I was 14- how time has flown!
- Before starting college, I lived in Warsaw, Poland for 12 years, but my roots lie in India. My heart is divided between both.
- I really love baking, making videos and taking the photos, but my forte is definitely not social media or all of that technical stuff!
- I love Thai food. And Indian food, and sushi, and Italian food, and Greek food and Polish food, basically all food.
- Superheroes are my favourite people.
- Harry Potter. If you haven’t read them, you haven’t had a proper childhood.
- I don’t know what I want to do after school and college, but for now, I don’t think I want to do baking or blogging as a full-time gig, I love it as a hobby, but I have way too many other interests that I would like to pursue.
- I watched the Lizzie Bennet Diaries in three days (when I was 14).
- I was a runner, I used to do cross country at school and now I am obsessed with this new workout called Strong Nation.
- I have an older sister, by 4 years who is my harshest food critic, but biggest fan. And who also paints amazing things.
- I cannot watch horror movies. At all.
- When I’m sad, I either bake cookies or make mac and cheese from scratch.
- My birthday is on November 26, so remember to wish me!
- My favourite time of year is winter. I love watching snow fall and being able to wear boots.
- I love love love all kinds of movies (especially ones from the 80’s).
- I have a tough time dealing with change. When I travel to a new place, I only get used to it by the time I have to leave, then I have trouble leaving it. Talk about attachment.
- I love to make music but I feel like I don’t listen to it as much as I should.
- It took me 8 months after I turned 18 to write this bullet point because I’m having trouble coming to terms with my age.
- I had a really tough time applying to colleges because I sort of wanted to try everything.
- I did my bachelor’s degree in in the Netherlands, and now I am doing my masters in legal research. I decided it was time to try and learn Dutch, any tips would be much appreciated 😉