Microwave Brownie in a Mug
A moist, instant version of a brownie that must be eaten warm- ultimate decadence with a generous scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
1/4 cup flour
1 tbsp good quality cocoa powder
2 tbsp chopped up chocolate chunks (your favorite kind)
1. Place the butter in the mug or bowl and melt.
2. Stir in sugars, vanilla, and salt until well combined.
3. Add in the egg yolk
4. Add the dry ingredients (flour and cocoa) and stir some more.
5. Last, add in the chocolate and if you would like, nuts- even chunks of Reese’s peanut butter cups would be wonderful 🙂
6. Cook in the microwave for about 30-50 seconds, don’t over cook!
Eat fresh, with a nice dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
adapted from Melissa’s recipe at No. 2 Pencil