Fresh Red Pepper Soup
Knob of butter and olive oil for frying (1 tbsp each)
4 red peppers
1 medium sized onion
4 garlic cloves
700 ml boiling water
2 bullion stock cubes- chicken or vegetable (use enough for the water- types of stock cubes vary)
seasoning such as salt, pepper, tabasco hot sauce and fresh herbs
heavy cream and herbs for garnishing
1. Chop the peppers and onions into chunks, and crush the garlic using a garlic press or grate the garlic.
2. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and add the olive oil.
3. Fry the onions for a minute, then add the peppers and garlic, sautéing until translucent and soft.
4. Pour in the hot water and add the bullion cubes. Stir a bit to dissolve the cubes.
5. Cover the pot, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 30 min.
7. Add in the seasoning, taste the soup to make sure the flavors are right for you.
6. Puree the soup either using an immersion blender (the easiest and most convenient way), or by letting the soup come to room temperature then using the food processor.